Summer Camp at Home
- 24 May 2020
- Posted By Ellen Muse-Lindeman
After careful deliberation and with consideration for the health and safety of KHAC’s students, instructors, volunteers, staff, and the community, we have decided not to hold in-person camps this summer.
Instead we are bringing you KHAC Summer Camp at Home! Choose from eight engrossing one-week Summer Camps designed and led by local professional artists, exploring everything from animals to fashion design to animation.
Our amazing arts educators have adapted their curriculum to be delivered in a remote format, but still retain the high quality of instruction, engagement and fun you’ve come to expect at Kennedy Heights Arts Center.
Each camp includes:
- Five days of immersion into art-making, creative self-expression, and self-directed imaginative play. Online sessions are just the launching pad. Campers use their imaginations as their guide as they become engrossed in creativity throughout each day.
- Indoor/outdoor exploration and observation-based activities to strengthen campers’ perceptions of self, others, and their surroundings.
Inspired creative challenges to hone campers’ creative problem solving and ingenuity with materials.
- A thoughtful bundle of art supplies provide a material foundation for campers’ creative endeavors (kits will be sanitized for safety and made available for pick up the weekend prior to camp).
- Dynamic remote interactions each day with artist-instructors, peers, and teen mentors to catalyze and reinforce each camper’s dive into their own curiosity.
- Each week will end with a joyful sharing of campers’ projects via Google Meets, an edited video, or possibly in some cases, a socially distanced sharing at the Arts Center.
Camp content will be hosted on Google Classroom, and will include face-to-face interactions & physical activities for 1 hour each day, as well as prerecorded instructional videos so campers can engage and return to project instructions at their own pace.
Camp tuition is just $100 + $15 materials fee per week. As always, sliding scale fees are available for those in financial need.
While we are disappointed not to see your children in person this summer, we are confident that they will enjoy this modified camp format!