- 17 March 2022
- Posted By Ellen Muse-Lindeman
Kennedy Heights Arts Center is seeking a creative and energetic person for a summer 2020 paid internship. Intern will collaborate with staff, artists, volunteers and community partners to plan, promote and implement a series of community arts events for local residents including:
• Play in the Park – free summer event series for all ages in Kennedy Heights Park with live music, dance/theatre performances, participatory art projects, social activities and food on Wednesday nights.
• Community Days – curated, themed monthly events at Kennedy Heights Arts Center featuring interactive installations, music and art-making activities created in collaboration with local Black artists.
• In partnership with the team and contracted artists, develop, plan and implement 12 community engagement events.
• Coordinate event details such as working with food vendors, recruiting volunteers, installing artwork, and procuring and prepping materials.
• Provide on-site event management during Play in the Park and Community Days events including set-up and take-down, leading art activities, and interacting with the public.
• Implement marketing strategies to promote event awareness and attendance including social media, print advertising (posters, flyers), and grassroots networking
• Conduct community outreach to increase engagement among underrepresented groups (BIPOC and low-income residents)
• Track demographic and outcomes data, and assist with program evaluation
• Possibly, take photography and/or video at events
• Assist with administrative tasks in the office such as answering phones and greeting visitors.
Intern must be organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated, with excellent communication skills and the ability to work with diverse populations in a fluid and dynamic environment. Prior experience with social media and marketing is appreciated. Photography and/or video production skills are a plus.
This internship is for the Summer Term from May 8 to August 27, 2022 (exact dates negotiable). Work schedule will be approximately 30 hours per week on Tuesdays – Saturdays.
Compensation: $3,500 stipend, payable in 4 monthly payments of $875
To apply: To apply, please send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in the position to Ellen Muse-Lindeman, Executive Director, at email@example.com