- 22 April 2021
- Posted By Ellen Muse-Lindeman
Kennedy Heights Arts Center is currently seeking applicants for a part-time Events Coordinator position.
Kennedy Heights Arts Center is seeking a dynamic Events Coordinator to be responsible for organizing a variety of visual and performing arts events, as well as facilitating corporate and private event rentals. The successful candidate will be a collaborative, creative professional with strong customer service skills and a passion for the arts. This is a part-time, hourly position, reporting to the Executive Director.
• Organize and execute a wide range of arts and cultural events in partnership with KHAC staff, regional arts organizations and community partners.
• Coordinate event logistics and ensure that all service details are executed on time and with excellent quality. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, event planning, budgeting, caterer and other vendor communication, running audio visual system, guest services, volunteer management, and troubleshooting.
• Partner with Cincinnati Public Schools to coordinate and supervise Jazz Academy afterschool music program for students in grades 4-8.
• Manage all aspects of facility rentals including: initial inquiry, executing proposals, contract negotiation, overseeing payment, vendor communication, event set up and breakdown, onsite event management, and post-event client follow-up.
• Cultivate and expand relationships with customers including businesses, nonprofits and individuals through marketing strategies and networking.
• Establish and maintain operating protocols and procedures for facility usage.
Candidate must be well-organized, able to manage multiple tasks, and a great relationship builder. Excellent communication skills and attention to detail will set apart the best among the candidates. 2 to 5 years of experience in events management/program coordination with demonstrated success required. Bachelors degree preferred. A background in the arts is a plus.
While performing the duties of this position, the Events Coordinator is frequently required to walk, stand, sit, stoop, bend, reach above their head, use fine and gross motor skills, climb stairs, and lift up to 20 lbs. Must be able to communicate by means of the spoken word, to provide direction, and information to others.
Hours: This is an hourly position averaging 20-25 hours per week, with possibility for increase. Varying schedule to include evenings and weekends as business dictates.
Compensation: $15-17 per hour
To Apply: Please e-mail a resume and cover letter to Ellen Muse-Lindeman. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Kennedy Heights Arts Center is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion. Qualified individuals who bring diverse perspectives and life experiences to the workplace are especially encouraged to apply.