All About Birds
Instructor: Lynne Gibb
Spend a week exploring and observing our winged friends! We’ll nurture our local native birds by creating a clay birdbath, a bird feeder, a nesting materials flag, and more. Observe birds in your own backyard, keep a field journal of your observations and share your findings with international researchers via the Audubon Society’s “Great Backyard Bird Count”.
Materials kits will be provided to support all creative activities including stoneware clay, burlap, yarn/assorted string materials, journals, origami paper, papier-mâché paste, newspaper, acrylic paint, colored pencils, glue sticks, construction paper, and more.
All Summer Camps Include:
- Five days of immersion into art-making, creative self-expression, and self-directed imaginative play. Online sessions are just the launching pad. Campers use their imaginations as their guide as they become engrossed in creativity throughout each day.
- Indoor/outdoor exploration and observation-based activities to strengthen campers’ perceptions of self, others, and their surroundings.
- Inspired creative challenges to hone campers’ creative problem solving and ingenuity with materials.
- A thoughtful bundle of art supplies provide a material foundation for campers’ creative endeavors (kits will be sanitized for safety and made available for pick up the weekend prior to camp).
- Dynamic remote interactions each day with artist-instructors, peers, and teen mentors to catalyze and reinforce each camper’s dive into their own curiosity.
- Each week will end with a joyful sharing of campers’ projects via Google Meets, an edited video, or possibly in some cases, a socially distanced sharing at the Arts Center.
Camp content will be hosted on Google Classroom, and will include face-to-face interactions & physical activities for 1 hour each day from 9:30-10:30 am, as well as prerecorded instructional videos so campers can engage and return to project instructions at their own pace.