July 27 – July 31
Instructor: Natalie Jeanne
Calling all animal lovers! This week, we will explore animals from all “walks” of life: koala bears, sea creatures, dogs and cats, oh my! Use watercolors, oil pastels, acrylic paints and more to make your own animal-inspired works of art. We will also work as a team to help dogs and cats who don’t yet have a family to call their own. Partnering with a local animal shelter, we will create items for the animals that bring them joy and help them get adopted.
All Summer Camps Include:
- Five days of immersion into art-making, creative self-expression, and self-directed imaginative play. Online sessions are just the launching pad. Campers use their imaginations as their guide as they become engrossed in creativity throughout each day.
- Indoor/outdoor exploration and observation-based activities to strengthen campers’ perceptions of self, others, and their surroundings.
- Inspired creative challenges to hone campers’ creative problem solving and ingenuity with materials.
- A thoughtful bundle of art supplies provide a material foundation for campers’ creative endeavors (kits will be sanitized for safety and made available for pick up the weekend prior to camp).
- Dynamic remote interactions each day with artist-instructors, peers, and teen mentors to catalyze and reinforce each camper’s dive into their own curiosity.
- Each week will end with a joyful sharing of campers’ projects via Google Meets, an edited video, or possibly in some cases, a socially distanced sharing at the Arts Center.
Camp content will be hosted on Google Classroom, and will include face-to-face interactions & physical activities for 1 hour each day from 9:30-10:30 am, as well as prerecorded instructional videos so campers can engage and return to project instructions at their own pace.