July 20 – 24
Instructor: Frances Newberry
Explore the magic of stop-motion animation this summer and make everyday objects come to life! Using their own smartphone or tablet, paper cutouts and found objects, campers will create their very own stop-motion video shorts in the style of Blues Clues, The Lego Movie, and Monty Python.
Materials kit will include a recording stand (on loan for the duration of camp), writing utensils, paper, found images, a large piece of cardboard, glue stick, and brads. Campers must have access to a smartphone or tablet device and must purchase & pre-install the Stop Motion Studio app ($4.99).
All Summer Camps Include:
- Five days of immersion into art-making, creative self-expression, and self-directed imaginative play. Online sessions are just the launching pad. Campers use their imaginations as their guide as they become engrossed in creativity throughout each day.
- Indoor/outdoor exploration and observation-based activities to strengthen campers’ perceptions of self, others, and their surroundings.
- Inspired creative challenges to hone campers’ creative problem solving and ingenuity with materials.
- A thoughtful bundle of art supplies provide a material foundation for campers’ creative endeavors (kits will be sanitized for safety and made available for pick up the weekend prior to camp).
- Dynamic remote interactions each day with artist-instructors, peers, and teen mentors to catalyze and reinforce each camper’s dive into their own curiosity.
- Each week will end with a joyful sharing of campers’ projects via Google Meets, an edited video, or possibly in some cases, a socially distanced sharing at the Arts Center.
Camp content will be hosted on Google Classroom, and will include face-to-face interactions & physical activities for 1 hour each day from 9:30-10:30, as well as prerecorded instructional videos so campers can engage and return to project instructions at their own pace.