The Magic Within Us
Rescheduled to new dates: June 22-26
Instructor: Suzie Nagy
Explore your mind/body connection through art, writing, and movement practices like yoga and dance! Connect with yourself and your peers through mindfulness, movement, play and connection activities with instructor Suzie Nagy during daily virtual group sessions. Your Magic Within Us Kit will come with all you need to participate online & on your own, including: fun activities for home and outdoors in between sessions, a 72 page workbook, specially minted medallions, artist-made mandalas for coloring, glitter jar kit, and so much more.
The Magic Within Us Camp was developed by True Body Project, an award winning program that uses art, writing, and movement practices such as yoga and dance to explore the mind/body connection.
All Summer Camps Include:
- Five days of immersion into art-making, creative self-expression, and self-directed imaginative play. Online sessions are just the launching pad. Campers use their imaginations as their guide as they become engrossed in creativity throughout each day.
- Indoor/outdoor exploration and observation-based activities to strengthen campers’ perceptions of self, others, and their surroundings.
- Inspired creative challenges to hone campers’ creative problem solving and ingenuity with materials.
- A thoughtful bundle of art supplies provide a material foundation for campers’ creative endeavors (kits will be sanitized for safety and made available for pick up the weekend prior to camp).
- Dynamic remote interactions each day with artist-instructors, peers, and teen mentors to catalyze and reinforce each camper’s dive into their own curiosity.
- Each week will end with a joyful sharing of campers’ projects via Google Meets, an edited video, or possibly in some cases, a socially distanced sharing at the Arts Center.
Camp content will be hosted on Google Classroom, and will include face-to-face interactions & physical activities for 1 hour each day, as well as prerecorded instructional videos so campers can engage and return to project instructions at their own pace.