Lifting up Teen Voices
- 29 July 2019
- Posted By Ellen Muse-Lindeman
Are you passionate about sharing your voice, and the voices of other teens? Want to become part of an exciting group of teen leaders in Cincinnati? Apply to become a founding member of our Teen Editorial Board.
The Teen Editorial Board is a year-long commitment for diverse young artists and writers in grades 9-12 who want to make an impact in their community, sponsored by Kennedy Heights Arts Center and Northern Kentucky University’s School of the Arts (SOTA) with support from The Charles H. Dater Foundation.
The Editorial Board plans, creates, and publishes creative expressions by teens about issues that matter to them in a new online ‘zine.
Editorial Board members will:
- Be mentored by professional artists, writers, and editors to develop skills in expressing their voices through community-engaged art and writing
- Shape the direction of the online magazine’s content
- Engage in dialogue with teens from a wide range of backgrounds and perspectives
- Gain professional experience for their resumes and/or portfolios
- Plan Kennedy Heights Arts Center sponsored events for teens
- Members of the Editorial Board will reflect the diversity of teens in the Greater Cincinnati region and should be outside-of-the-box thinkers who feel passionate about their opinions and expressing them through art and/or writing.
Accepted applicants will meet regularly the second Wednesday of each month from October 2019 – June 2020 at Kennedy Heights Arts Center.
Applications must be submitted by August 30, 2019. Student interviews will be held on September 7 and 14.
Please contact Brittany Vernon for more information.